Saturday, April 4, 2015

Tasting - Sean Minor Pinot Noir Rose

Name: Sean Minor Pinot Noir Rose
Variety: Pinot Noir Rose
Region: Carneros, CA
Country:US
Year: 2013
Price: 8.95




Winery review: The Vin Gris is a bright and vibrant salmon color with cherry, strawberry, cranberry and ripe watermelon aromas on the nose. On entry, the wine displays bright strawberry flavors. Throughout the mid-palate and finish, raspberry and cherry fruit characters are balanced with spicy and crisp acidity that linger creating a refreshing and lengthy finish.


My review: This was my favorite tasting of the day and I had to buy one before I left. It had delicious vibrant aromas of cherry, strawberry and I could even get a hint of watermelon. The color is a beautiful light pinkish yellow and the packaging is slick which I could appreciate. It had the perfect acidity and sweetness to a rose. I chilled the wine and it had a crisp and refreshing feel. This is the perfect wine to drink when you are feeling between a pinot noir and a light semi-sweet wine that is not overpowering.

No comments:

Post a Comment