Saturday, April 4, 2015

Tasting - Grande Reserve des bastides


Name: Grande Reserve
Varietydes Bastides
Region: Gaillac
Country: France
Year: 2013
Price: 9.95




Winery review: A crisp and fruity blend featuring 20% of the herbaceous Sauvignon Blanc, 50% creamy Loin de l’Oeil and notes of fresh apple and crisp pear, plus a touch of herb from the 30% Mauzac. It has a bright feel, with a hint of mineral on the finish.

My review: This was very acidic, however I have noticed that many of my weekly wine tastings that I start off with usually complain about the bitterness. The palate is usually the most sensitive to these first tastings. So this wine might have had a medium acidity to it, however I thought it was overly acidic. It had a very nice aroma to it with the fresh apples, pears and a crisp feel. Overall, I enjoyed the chilled component, and thats basically it. It was too bitter and not my type of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment