Saturday, April 18, 2015

Breca Tovana - Old Vine Garnacha

Name: Breca Tovana
Variety: Old Vine Garnacha
Region: Munebrega
Country: Spain
Year: 2013
Price: 8.95

Winery review:
Gnarled vines, grown without irrigation, are a mainstay of Spain’s winemaking tradition and produce small clusters of perfectly ripe Garnacha grapes. Aromas of blackberries, plums, and cherries fill the glass and develop into luscious flavors of black stone fruit. Long, supple tannins complete this extraordinary wine.


My review: This wine was probably my favorite out of the reds. It was very dry and tannic and it went down smoothly. I got a hint of oak wood which I actually enjoyed. It was a very strong and rich red wine which I enjoy. I would recommend this to very dry red wine fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment