Saturday, February 28, 2015

Tasting - Mars & Venus Sauvignon Blanc


Name: Mars & Venus Sauvignon Blanc 
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2013
Price: $5.95


Winery review: Citrus and gooseberry aromas are mild but typical of the variety. A basic citrus palate delivers modest tangerine and nectarine flavors which lead to a mild, pithy finish showing light citric notes.

My review:  I really enjoyed this Sauvignon Blanc. Usually I am not too keen on these types of wines since the majority I have tried are very acidic, however the Mars & Venus Sauvignon Blanc was very light, not too acidic, and subtly sweet. The aroma of citrus and fruit was also light yet mouthwatering to say the least. I did not pair this with food but I still enjoyed it on its own. I would recommend this wine to anyone especially wine newcomers like me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment