Sunday, February 1, 2015

Tasting - Opera Prima Sparkling Moscato

Name: Opera Prima Sparkling Moscato
Variety: Muscat Blanc A Petits Grains
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 
Price: $6.95

Winery review: Since 1920, Bodegas Parxet has been producing cava in the Alella region north of Barcelona. The region is formed by a great mass of granite. The soils are generally poor in nutrients with low water retention and the soil texture is variable – from the rough sandy saulo on the maritime side of the area, to the sandy clays on the inland plain. The varieties planted are principally Pansa Blanca, Macabeu and Parellada. Tradition and history, together with the excellent vineyards combine to produce and exemplary range of sparkling wines.

My review:  For wine beginners like me, this is where you should start. It was fizzy and delicious I almost thought I was drinking soda. I could see it pairing well with any desert especially fruity ones. By the way, I couldn't even taste the alcohol! The price of the bottle is $15 but at the vintage cellar it was $6.95. Fantastic deal! Definitely recommend this to any wine novice.

No comments:

Post a Comment