Thursday, March 12, 2015

Wine Dinner - Bella Sera Pinot Grigio with Baked Salmon Filets



Name: Bella Sera 
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Veneto
Country: Italy
Year: 2013
Price: $7



Review:  For this dinner and wine pairing I intended to match a salmon recipe with a pinot noir, however I decided to pick up a pinot grigio instead for a different experience. Reviews noted that a pinot grigio would pair well with a light fish, yet, I still found this dinner pairing to be satisfying. 
I found this simple baked salmon with herbs recipe on the kitchn that included layers of fresh herbs; basil, parsley, and dill on an salmon that was baked in the oven for about 25-30 minutes. The fresh herbs and lemon were my favorite component of the salmon and wine combo since it complemented the lightness of the crisp and refreshing pinot grigio. As a detail, I put the wine in the refrigerator for about 35 minutes just to give it a subtle chill and for the extra crispness.
Overall, I highly recommend this dinner to anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment