Monday, February 16, 2015

Tasting - Sylla Sebaste Barolo Rose Rosis


Name: Sylla Sebaste Barolo Rose Rosis
Variety: Nebbiolo
Region: Piedmont
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $5


Winery review: It can no doubt be surprising to find a rose wine within the range of wines that are exclusively and traditionally from Piedmont. Nevertheless this rose comes from our nebbiolo grapes and the surprise leads to experimentation. We have made a fresh, young wine with hints of exotic fruits starting from grapes that are normally used to make important and aged wines.

My review:  First of all, the price of this wine was very low! Thanks vintage cellar! The first glass of wine was nice, a tad bitter in my opinion but my palate still needs time to become accustomed to dark wines. It was light and fruity and the alcohol content was very noticeable. I mostly enjoyed the aroma of berries it gave off, particularly raspberries. Overnight I stored it room temperature just to see how it would taste the following day. I poured myself a glass and I noticed it had become increasingly bitter. Could barely even finish it. Not to mention I had it with cinnamon rolls. Not a good choice. Anyways, my girlfriend liked it and her roommate says its her favorite wine. So I recommend this wine if you have a girlfriend that likes red wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment