Sunday, March 15, 2015

Wine & Cheese pairing - White Merlot & Manchego cheese

Name: Sutter Home
Variety: White merlot
Region: California
Country: US
Year: ?
Price: $6


Cheese: El Cortijo Manchego
Country: Spain
Price: $6

Review:  For this wine and cheese pairing I bought a Manchego cheese made from Spain with a white merlot from California. First off, I tried the wine and it bursted with lots of flavors. It was an explosion of raspberries and cherries. I thought it would have been better chilled softly but other than that it was still very crisp. I switched over and tasted the manchego cheese which I had never tried before ( maybe I have but I never knew the name). The cheese was delicious. chalky when put in mouth then smooth once mixed with saliva. The aroma was of feet since it was aged for a year however, the taste was extremely light which I really enjoyed. I think the cheese could've gone better with a regular merlot or a red wine but that is my opinion. Anyways, the cheese is mild yet could go with ANYTHING even a very sweet fruity wine like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment